|07.31.09 at 10:50 pm ET|
On Friday the Boston Celtics announced they had requested waivers on guard Gabe Pruitt. He appeared in 62 games and averaged 2.0 points per game over the last two seasons. He also spent time with the Celtics former NBA Development League affiliate, the Utah Flash. This month Pruitt posted nearly 11 points and five assists at the Orlando Summer League. He was drafted by the Celtics out of USC with the 32nd pick in the 2007 NBA Draft.
As he explains in this NBA TV interview from Summer League, Pruitt had hoped to make his mark on the Celtics next season:
|07.28.09 at 11:20 pm ET|
– After proclaiming, “I’m just talking and I’m going on and on,” Marbury declared, “I don’t play basketball no more. I’m an entertainer.”
– He later poured a bottle of water on himself while rapping Rocko’s “Umma do me” and laughed that people would question him for doing so. Water dries, he pointed out and then wrapped himself in a towel.
– Showing off his hidden talents, Marbury attempted to perform ballet in his kitchen. “That’s how you stay nasty on the court,” he said.
– Marbury may not know where he is playing next season, but he has a gameplan mapped out should he leave the NBA. “If I go overseas, it’s going to be like playing in high school again,” he said. “I’m going to go over there with the mind frame that I’m going to average 50. That’s my word. I’m going over there with a different mind frame.”
– As for eating Vaseline, Marbury’s done with that — “Oh I’m sorry. The Vaseline, it’s over with. ”
|07.27.09 at 3:54 pm ET|
Even though Marquis Daniels committed to the Celtics over a week ago, the Boston Celtics and Indiana Pacers have yet to agree on how the free agent would end up in green, whether it is by a sign-and-trade or a biannual exception.
On Monday the Boston Herald reported the talks between the two teams have hit a snag and they are seeking out a third team to help facilitate the deal. According to the Herald, the Pacers are not satisfied with the players the Celtics are offering for a sign-and-trade, reportedly Tony Allen and possibly Gabe Pruitt.
The Herald quoted a source as saying, “They need a third team, and that’s complicated. No other teams have jumped at it so far.”
|07.27.09 at 12:32 pm ET|
Marbury TV — a project of former C’s point guard Stephon Marbury — was originally supposed to just run through the weekend, but he’s continued things. Catch the fun right here — press the start button for his live video feed…
|07.27.09 at 9:18 am ET|
He was the quiet Celtic with a smile that was infectious. He was reserved and somewhat shy but his actions, both on and off the basketball court, spoke much louder than any words could ever do. He was the captain of the Boston Celtics and their leading scorer. He was a devoted husband, father and a friend to all who knew him well. He was the hope of a new Celtics generation. Reggie Lewis was only 27 years old when he died of a heart attack on Tuesday, July 27, 1993. We still tearfully remember him today, 16 years later. (via RedsArmy.com)
Lewis was drafted by the Celtics with the 22nd pick in the 1987 NBA Draft. Highlights of his six-year career included selection to the 1992 NBA All-Star team, leading the Celtics in minutes and points for three consecutive seasons (1991-93), and becoming the only player in team history to record 100 rebounds, 100 assists, 100 steals, and 100 blocked shots in a season (1992). Lewis’ number, 35, was retired on March 22, 1995.
|07.25.09 at 12:44 am ET|
As we mentioned earlier, Stephon Marbury decided to stream live video for 24 hours on UStream, a site which incorporates video with social media. Below is the introduction to his broadcast, a glimpse into his world as he dons a pair of Celtics shorts.
|07.24.09 at 10:06 am ET|
Stephon Marbury enjoyed putting the power of the media into his own hands when he joined Twitter earlier this year.
“i like the direct connection to the fans. no espn, no local news, just me and twitterland,” he Tweeted.
Now Marbury is taking that connection one step further. Beginning at 6am today, he is streaming his life for 24 hours on USTREAM. Check it out here and interact with him via Twitter (@starburymarbury).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?