|11.07.08 at 6:46 pm ET|
At the half … Celtics 55, Bucks 47
- The Celtics have regained control of this game in the paint. They have outscored the Bucks 38-12 and held Andrew Bogut to just five points.
- Richard Jefferson is leading all scorers with 16 points, but only scored four in the second quarter. KG leads the Celtics with 12.
- The Celtics are struggling from behind the arc (2-for-8) while the Bucks have hit five of nine
Check back with Paul for the latest in the third quarter.
|11.07.08 at 6:20 pm ET|
The Milwaukee Bucks jumped out to a surprising first quarter lead and the Celtics are battling back to claim this game which they are favored to win.
|11.07.08 at 5:39 pm ET|
We are live from the Garden for tonight’s Celtics-Bucks game. If you remember my preseason preview, I tabbed the Bucks as my “down-market team to follow,” and so far they have not disappointed. As predicted, the Bucks are playing defense under first-year coach/ hard-ass Scott Skiles.
They are also getting great production from a rookie, only it’s not first-round pick Joe Alexander. It’s Luc Mbah a Moute, who (hyperbole alert!) one Milwaukee columnist compared to Sidney Moncrief. No, really. Sidney Freaking Moncrief.
Thanks for spending some time with us. I’ll be blogging the first and third quarters and Jess will take the second and fourth. Click through for all the bloggy goodness. Read the rest of this entry »
|11.07.08 at 5:24 pm ET|
Pregame: Celtics vs. Bucks
His name is Ramon Sessions (pronounced Rah-mawn) and chances are you’ve never heard of him.
Sessions is one of the those good players hidden by a losing record. Up until this summer, you didn’t get much press in Milwaukee unless your name was Michael Redd and even then the coverage was limited. But Sessions began to come into his own last season and has carried that progress over into his sophomore year. Now his ball handling is earning him shout-outs on the BottomLine and recognition as a sleeper in fantasy keeper leagues.
He may have a ways to go before he earns full-time starter status (he’s headed back to the bench now that Luke Ridnour is healthy), but in the meantime Sessions is a promosing PG worth keeping an eye on.
- Averaged 8.3 assists in 38 minutes in first three games of the season
- Last season became first rookie in over 15 years to have a 20 point, 20 assist night
- Has been mentored by Charlie Villanueva and earned early praises from new head coach Scott Skiles
The Bucks will play the Celtics twice in two weeks when the Cs travel to Milwaukee on November 15. Stay tuned for more on Sessions and his teammates then.
|11.07.08 at 5:20 pm ET|
Join Paul Flannery and me tonight as we bring you the latest as the Celtics take on the Bucks tonight at the Garden. Paul will keep you posted on the first and third quarters and I’ll have you covered for the second and fourth. So check back for the latest action from the game and news and notes from both locker rooms.
|11.05.08 at 6:00 pm ET|
We are live from my Ikea chair for tonight’s game between the Celtics and Thunder. So many questions will be answered tonight: Was Ray Allen’s revival a one-night deal, can the C’s win back-to-back games on the road, are the Thunder any good?
Check back early and often for continuous live-blogging goodness.
Read the rest of this entry »
|11.05.08 at 1:30 pm ET|
Come one, come all to tonight’s Celtics-Thunder live-blogging extravaganza. We’ll be doing it right here in this very space, and we’ll be kicking it old-school from our couch, like God and Will Leitch intended, and without that fancy Cover It Live contraption.
We’ll be watching for signs of a back-to-back letdown, making fun of the Thunder (seriously, how long did it take those geniuses to come up with that logo? Five seconds?) and hanging on every word from Mike and Donny.
Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. What else do you guys have to do tonight, besides sweating the senate election returns from Georgia, of course.
- Doc, Defesne, and Lob City - Q&A with Clips Nation's Steve Perin
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses