First Impressions: Patrick O’Bryant
|10.08.08 at 4:31 pm ET|
Rajon Rondo just pulled out his show the ball make the other guy look silly move to finish off a layup and a 16-4 run. The Celtics look ridiculously good right now. Of particular interest is Patrick O’Bryant who is in the starting lineup for Kendrick Perkins.
O’Bryant has generated some buzz during training camp, and at first glance he’s athletic and active, which is exactly what the C’s need coming off the bench. He’s an interesting kid. He was largely unknown before a strong NCAA Tournament run at Bradley put him on the radar screen. The Warriors took him in the lottery and then never played him, which happens a lot with players like that.
Before the game, Armond Hill was talking about how O’Bryant is working with Clifford Ray and getting a feel for how the Celtics want their big men to play. You get the sense that he’s got a long way to go, but he’s getting there. File O’Bryant under: intriguing.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...