Last Word From UMass
|10.08.08 at 7:32 pm ET|
The word from the locker room is that there was some good, there was some bad, and there was some fatigue, which is about what you would expect from the first preseason game.
Tom Thibodeau had praise for Bill Walker, who drew a crowd after his 8-point performance that included two serious dunks. Tibs noted that Walker “moved well without the ball,” which, while not as exciting as dunking on Theo Ratliff, is a good sign for the rookie. But, who are we kidding, everyone wanted to talk about the dunk on Ratliff.
“I just went up as strong as I could and if he was going to block it, he was going to have to block a dunk,” Walker said. “I’m a smaller guy in the land of the giants. I can’t go up there with any kind of floaters.”
Aside from Walker, Thibodeau noted that Patrick O’Bryant (10 points and 8 rebounds) was good in the first half, but may have gotten a little tired in the second. Same for Darius Miles.
Other things to consider: Look for Gabe Pruitt to get a little more time this weekend… Everyone expects Philly to be good this year. The addition of Elton Brand would seem to be exactly what was missing from the Sixers. “He’s similar to Kevin (Garnett) because he can hurt you with the jump shot and he can hurt you with the face up game,” Thibodeau said. “He poses a number of different problems.”
That’s all from here. We’ll have more on Walker later in the week.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason