The Things You See
|10.08.08 at 6:22 pm ET|
Some things mean something. Some things mean nothing. What does this mean? I have no idea, I’ve been awake for approximately 42 of the last 48 hours, but here’s what I just saw: Patrick O’Bryant made a fine defensive play, and then threw a completely ill-advised home run pass that was picked off. He got an earful from Tom Thibodeau, of course, but what was most interesting was the reaction of Ray Allen who gave him a very stern, ‘you just disappointed me’ look.
On the next possession, Darius Miles threw down a dunk and Kevin Garnett came out of his seat like it was the most important play he’d seen all night.
The point is: it’s preseason. None of this matters, really. But these are the kinds of things the Celtics do regularly. At the end of Game 6 against the Lakers, Garnett was screaming at the players on the floor to play defense and the C’s were up by 40 at the time. The whole block the shot after the whistle thing? Same principle.
Of course, in the time it took me to write this, they gave up the lead and now trail by three. I hate it when actual events overtake my crazy theories.
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden
- Doc Rivers On His Exit: 'I Didn't Like The Way It Played Out'
- Reunion week part 2 - Doc Rivers returns to the Garden with his Clippers...