The Things You See
|10.08.08 at 6:22 pm ET|
Some things mean something. Some things mean nothing. What does this mean? I have no idea, I’ve been awake for approximately 42 of the last 48 hours, but here’s what I just saw: Patrick O’Bryant made a fine defensive play, and then threw a completely ill-advised home run pass that was picked off. He got an earful from Tom Thibodeau, of course, but what was most interesting was the reaction of Ray Allen who gave him a very stern, ‘you just disappointed me’ look.
On the next possession, Darius Miles threw down a dunk and Kevin Garnett came out of his seat like it was the most important play he’d seen all night.
The point is: it’s preseason. None of this matters, really. But these are the kinds of things the Celtics do regularly. At the end of Game 6 against the Lakers, Garnett was screaming at the players on the floor to play defense and the C’s were up by 40 at the time. The whole block the shot after the whistle thing? Same principle.
Of course, in the time it took me to write this, they gave up the lead and now trail by three. I hate it when actual events overtake my crazy theories.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason