The Things You See
|10.08.08 at 6:22 pm ET|
Some things mean something. Some things mean nothing. What does this mean? I have no idea, I’ve been awake for approximately 42 of the last 48 hours, but here’s what I just saw: Patrick O’Bryant made a fine defensive play, and then threw a completely ill-advised home run pass that was picked off. He got an earful from Tom Thibodeau, of course, but what was most interesting was the reaction of Ray Allen who gave him a very stern, ‘you just disappointed me’ look.
On the next possession, Darius Miles threw down a dunk and Kevin Garnett came out of his seat like it was the most important play he’d seen all night.
The point is: it’s preseason. None of this matters, really. But these are the kinds of things the Celtics do regularly. At the end of Game 6 against the Lakers, Garnett was screaming at the players on the floor to play defense and the C’s were up by 40 at the time. The whole block the shot after the whistle thing? Same principle.
Of course, in the time it took me to write this, they gave up the lead and now trail by three. I hate it when actual events overtake my crazy theories.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...