|Musical Chairs||10.17.08 at 5:38 pm ET|
The middle of the Celtics locker room always seems to be cluttered with a mass of rolling chairs, but rookies J.R. Giddens and Bill Walker have learned there aren’t enough to go around.
“Honestly I was looking for my jersey and then they were like, ‘Rookies got to share lockers,’” Giddens said.
Giddens and Walker will be lockermates until the Celtics cut the roster down to 15. For now they share space next to Darius Miles and Rajon Rondo.
“We’re considerate of each other,” Walker explained. “We come in at different times so there’s never any congestion at the locker.”
So what will it mean when the rookies finally have their own space?
“It’s just a locker, but if I had my own chair that’d be the biggest change,” Walker conceded. “I’m sharing the chair with J.R. Five minutes on, five minutes off.”
“Actually we don’t even have a chair,” Giddens admitted with a smile. “This is somebody else chair.”
The Celtics better call fives when they leave the locker room.
- Mike Krzyzewski to return to coach Olympic Men's Basketball Team
- Charges against Terrence Williams delayed
- A look at Eric Gordon
- Rotoworld's Steve Alexander's mock: Celtics pick Mason Plumlee
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/22
- Sporting News' Sean Deveney's mock: Celtics pick Tim Hardaway, Jr.
- Bleacher Report's Tyler Conway's mock: Celtics pick James Franklin