|10.17.08 at 5:38 pm ET|
The middle of the Celtics locker room always seems to be cluttered with a mass of rolling chairs, but rookies J.R. Giddens and Bill Walker have learned there aren’t enough to go around.
“Honestly I was looking for my jersey and then they were like, ‘Rookies got to share lockers,’” Giddens said.
Giddens and Walker will be lockermates until the Celtics cut the roster down to 15. For now they share space next to Darius Miles and Rajon Rondo.
“We’re considerate of each other,” Walker explained. “We come in at different times so there’s never any congestion at the locker.”
So what will it mean when the rookies finally have their own space?
“It’s just a locker, but if I had my own chair that’d be the biggest change,” Walker conceded. “I’m sharing the chair with J.R. Five minutes on, five minutes off.”
“Actually we don’t even have a chair,” Giddens admitted with a smile. “This is somebody else chair.”
The Celtics better call fives when they leave the locker room.
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden
- Doc Rivers On His Exit: 'I Didn't Like The Way It Played Out'
- Reunion week part 2 - Doc Rivers returns to the Garden with his Clippers...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/11
- Grantland's one-on-one interview with Brad Stevens: Steez, Ties, and Math