|Halftime Notes and Numbers||10.19.08 at 2:00 pm ET|
Brook Lopez capped off the first half with a one-handed dunk to bring the Nets within eight, 48-40. A few notes from the first two quarters:
- Gabe Pruitt is getting a workout today. He has played 20 out of 24 minutes, leading all players.
- Darius Miles, who has been hungry for minutes, got the call in the second quarter. Miles is a pass-first player so his contributions won’t resonate on the box score, but he knocked down one basket and blocked a shot in six minutes.
- Yi Jianlian is showcasing his jumper, leading the Nets with 10 points. His range his impressive but it’s safe to say passing on him in the draft worked out just fine for the Celtics.
- Neither time is hot from behind the arc — the Celtics are 2-for-9 (22%) while the Nets are 0-for-4.
Check out Paul’s blog for third quarter action.
- SBNation's Blogger Mock Draft
- Doc Rivers will make first public comments on future since end of season
- 2013 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Where do the Celtics go from here? Post failed deal fallout
- Danny and Doc had a Splittsville On Ubuntu!!!!
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 6/18
- What is Value?