KG’s Night Done (Probably)
|10.19.08 at 2:26 pm ET|
This is going to be a fascinating year for Garnett. As we all know, the one thing missing from his career– an NBA championship–has been fulfilled. Garnett is one of the most self-motivated players I’ve ever been around, in any sport. Keeping up his intensity won’t be a problem for him.
A couple of people I talked to this summer think that he is going to be better in Year II with Boston now that he has the trophy. The theory is that while he would never admit it, not winning one was a huge mental drain on his psyche. Now that he doesn’t have to prove anything he is free to play his game without any of the press baggage weighing him down.
We shall see. Check out Jessica for the fourth quarter.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?