KG’s Night Done (Probably)
|10.19.08 at 2:26 pm ET|
This is going to be a fascinating year for Garnett. As we all know, the one thing missing from his career– an NBA championship–has been fulfilled. Garnett is one of the most self-motivated players I’ve ever been around, in any sport. Keeping up his intensity won’t be a problem for him.
A couple of people I talked to this summer think that he is going to be better in Year II with Boston now that he has the trophy. The theory is that while he would never admit it, not winning one was a huge mental drain on his psyche. Now that he doesn’t have to prove anything he is free to play his game without any of the press baggage weighing him down.
We shall see. Check out Jessica for the fourth quarter.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...