How to Make an NBA Schedule
|10.20.08 at 9:12 am ET|
Ever feel like the same teams roll through Boston year after year? Or wonder why the Celtics had such a demanding West Coast road trip last season? Mike Zarren, the Boston Celtics Assistant Executive Director of Basketball Operations, explains the thought process behind an NBA schedule on Celtics.com.
There are basic requirements for the Celtics, such as a home and away game against every Western Conference team. They also have to play two home and two away games against each team in the Atlantic Division. Then there are other factors, including coordinating their schedule with the Boston Bruins as well as boosting those ratings on national TV.
Zarren does a great job of breaking it all down here so you’ll never have to question why you catch the New Jersey Nets every time you go to the Garden.
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9
- State of the Celtics: Jordan Crawford named Eastern Conference Player of...
- Paul Pierce practices, might play tomorrow against Celtics
- An emotional week ahead for the Celtics
- State of the Celtics
- Brad Stevens keeping everyone on an even keel