Notes from practice: Pierce jams index finger
|10.25.08 at 11:27 am ET|
Notes from Saturday’s practice:
- After practicing with his right hand wrapped in tape, Paul Pierce revealed that he jammed his right index finger during Friday’s practice. The medical tape was a preventative measure and Doc Rivers is not concerned. Aside from some soreness, Pierce isn’t anticipating any problems.
- Rivers was pleased with his team’s high energy today after a less-than-impressive practice yesterday. He is ready to leave last season behind him and has everything in place to kick off the new season on Tuesday.
- Age knows no boundaries with Sam Cassell. The 38-year-old vet challenged Rivers’ teenage son Austin to a competitive one-on-one battle after practice. Adam Jones, who Rivers recently gained legal guardianship of, was next on Cassell’s radar — “You next, red shorts, you next!”
- Leon Powe was the last to leave the court, working on his free throws. Kendrick Perkins and Patrick O’Bryant also spent a while at the basket together working on 10′ jumpers.
- Stephen A. Smith is in Waltham to interview the Big Three for ESPN.