TA, Powe Explode in Fourth Quarter
|10.28.08 at 7:18 pm ET|
Who said the bench couldn’t survive without James Posey?
It’s only the first game of the season but tonight Tony Allen and Leon Powe are showing they are determined to make sure the second unit stays dominant. Looks like Allen has finally learned to compensate for the explosiveness he lost after his knee injury and is driving it hard to the basket. Powe said this summer that he was working on becoming more physical and tonight he is showing no mercy in the lane. Competition will get tougher for Powe, as Anderson Varejao is hardly a physical player, but he is showing the promise to handle whatever comes at him this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...