West Happy for Celtics … Kind Of
|10.28.08 at 5:21 pm ET|
Delonte West battled through a lot of ups and downs with the Boston Celtics. So it’s understandable that he felt hurt after being traded in the summer of 2007. The Celtics may have had a losing record, but nothing was as bad to him as playing on the Seattle SuperSonics.
After being traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers, West has seemed to find his niche. After publicly coping with a mood disorder and depression, he has settled into a routine to overcome his obstacles. Now it’s back to basketball, starting with a season opener back in his old digs.
So how does it feel to be back the Garden for a ring ceremony?
“It’s alright,” West said. “Right now all I can focus on is these 15 guys in this locker room and this coaching staff and what we have to do to win tonight.”
And how about his former teammates?
“I’m happy for the guys that I spent time with, putting the groundwork in,” he said. “Other than that, you know, that’s where the happiness stops.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...