Lakers Lock in Bynum for Four Years
|10.30.08 at 1:55 pm ET|
Today Bynum agreed in principle to a four-year contract extension worth around $58 million. According to the Los Angeles Times, he will earn $42 million in the first three years. The fourth year is reported to be a team option worth $16 million.
Bynum, who turned 21 this week, is currently making just over $2 million this season. The contract is based on potential despite the fact that he started less than 80 games in his first three seasons. He missed the entire 2008 playoffs with knee injuries.
The Celtics and Lakers will meet again on Christmas Day in Los Angeles.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...