After beating the Chicago Bulls  by 16 points, the Celtics  are departing tonight for a three-game road trip that will take them from Indiana to Houston to Okalahoma City. The general consensus is they have to bring 100% and then some since the home teams will be gunning for the defending world champs. Here is the postgame wrap up:
- Kevin Garnett  and Derrick Rose  each scored 18 points. Both shot 100% from the free throw line.
- Rose was impressive in his debut in Boston and showed fearlessness at the basket. After the game he said that while this match up was tough, it was good to get it under his belt this early in his rookie season.
- Joakim Noah  grabbed a game-high 13 rebounds off the bench. KG and Kendrick Perkins  each nabbed 10.
- Doc Rivers  was happy with his team’s energy from the very start — “Great execution, great intensity. That was just perfect for us early on.”
- Garnett said he was more “poised” tonight than on Opening Night, saying he “put a lot of burden on [Pierce] and Ray the first game.”
- The Celtics biggest lead of the game was 28 points.