Celtics-Bucks Game Blog Second Quarter
|11.07.08 at 6:20 pm ET|
At the half … Celtics 55, Bucks 47
– Cue the highlight reel. KG just layed down another dunk and furiously screamed toward the crowd after. It has SportsCenter highlights written all over it.
– Another timeout, this time for the Celtics. With 2:35 left they are up 47-43. One of the keys to getting ahead is shutting down Richard Jefferson. He started out strong with 14 points in the first quarter and only has two since then.
– That’s called dunking with authority. KG slammed the ball home to give the Celtics the lead with four minutes to go in the half. The Cs have their starting lineup back on the court and are looking to take this game back. It will start on the boards, where they are being outebounded by nearly 10
– With KG and Pierce back in the game, the Celtics close the gap to 40-38, prompting the Bucks to call a timeout.
– During a timeout a fan was asked which Celtic can name every member of the New Kids on the Block. Surprisingly Paul Pierce, who made an appearance at their concert in September, could only name four. As long as he named good friend Donnie Wahlberg, he’s still in good standing.
– How quickly things change. Two minutes later, Big Baby got called for fouling Andrew Bogut at the basket. Right now the Celtics have Davis and Leon Powe taking on Bogut and Charlie Villanueva. This is a major size disadvantage and the Cs.
– Glen Davis drained a 18′ jumper to start the second quarter. Before the game Doc said Big Baby has been “phenomenal,” noting his contributions that don’t show up in his stats. Tonight Davis quickly made his mark on the box score.
At the start of the second …Bucks 30, Celtics 23
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason