Celtics-Bucks Game Blog First Quarter
|11.07.08 at 5:39 pm ET|
We are live from the Garden for tonight’s Celtics-Bucks game. If you remember my preseason preview, I tabbed the Bucks as my “down-market team to follow,” and so far they have not disappointed. As predicted, the Bucks are playing defense under first-year coach/ hard-ass Scott Skiles.
They are also getting great production from a rookie, only it’s not first-round pick Joe Alexander. It’s Luc Mbah a Moute, who (hyperbole alert!) one Milwaukee columnist compared to Sidney Moncrief. No, really. Sidney Freaking Moncrief.
Thanks for spending some time with us. I’ll be blogging the first and third quarters and Jess will take the second and fourth. Click through for all the bloggy goodness.
– Good action by the Celts at the end of the quarter cuts the lead to 28-23. As was the case in OKC, the bench came in and gave them an immediate energy lift. Whoops, cheap foul on Eddie gave the Bucks 2 free throws with 2.9 left. That wasn’t in the script. Both teams are shooting 50 percent. So much for the defensive struggle. 30-23 at the end of one. Over to you Jess. Little Funk is on the floor, by the way.
– Good crowd tonight and they got a solid “De-fense” chant going, but Jess’s favorite player knocked down a 3. 28-20, Mili-wau-kay.
– Skiles must have heard me because he put Francisco Elson on KG and he just did a Varaejo-esque flop drawing the foul on Garnett. 25-18 at the timeout.
– The C’s just went inside to KG which was wise in that NO ONE ON THE BUCKS CAN GUARD HIM. Sorry for the all-caps. Made me feel like a commentator on the Herald’s website for a second there. It is now 25-12. Wow.
– 1st Timeout Report: Bucks are up 19-10 and that pretty much sums it up. Milwaukee is shooting 7-for-10 and 3-for-4 from distance. As we go to the break, Rondo just got banged for an offensive foul and Doc wasn’t happy about it. From this blogger’s perch it looked like a 50-50 call.
On the Jumbotron right now they’re showing clips from Halloween night with weird holograms of dudes in green jumpsuits. Look what you’ve wrought CNN! Just thought everyone should know.
– Richard Jefferson is tuning the C’s up with 11 points in the first 5 minutes. Another slow start for the Celtics with too many jump shots. That’s a habit they’ll have to break. 14 points for RJ, by the way.