- Green Street - http://greenstreet.weei.com -
Celtics-Bucks Game Blog First Quarter
Posted By Paul Flannery On November 7, 2008 @ 5:39 pm In General | No Comments
We are live from the Garden for tonight’s Celtics-Bucks game. If you remember my preseason preview, I tabbed the Bucks as my “down-market team to follow ,” and so far they have not disappointed. As predicted, the Bucks are playing defense under first-year coach/ hard-ass Scott Skiles .
They are also getting great production from a rookie, only it’s not first-round pick Joe Alexander. It’s Luc Mbah a Moute, who (hyperbole alert!) one Milwaukee columnist compared to Sidney Moncrief. No, really. Sidney Freaking Moncrief.
Thanks for spending some time with us. I’ll be blogging the first and third quarters and Jess will take the second and fourth. Click through for all the bloggy goodness.
– Good action by the Celts at the end of the quarter cuts the lead to 28-23. As was the case in OKC, the bench came in and gave them an immediate energy lift. Whoops, cheap foul on Eddie gave the Bucks 2 free throws with 2.9 left. That wasn’t in the script. Both teams are shooting 50 percent. So much for the defensive struggle. 30-23 at the end of one. Over to you Jess . Little Funk is on the floor, by the way.
– Good crowd tonight and they got a solid “De-fense” chant going, but Jess’s favorite player knocked down a 3. 28-20, Mili-wau-kay.
– Skiles must have heard me because he put Francisco Elson on KG and he just did a Varaejo-esque flop drawing the foul on Garnett. 25-18 at the timeout.
– The C’s just went inside to KG which was wise in that NO ONE ON THE BUCKS CAN GUARD HIM. Sorry for the all-caps. Made me feel like a commentator on the Herald’s website for a second there. It is now 25-12. Wow.
– 1st Timeout Report: Bucks are up 19-10 and that pretty much sums it up. Milwaukee is shooting 7-for-10 and 3-for-4 from distance. As we go to the break, Rondo just got banged for an offensive foul and Doc wasn’t happy about it. From this blogger’s perch it looked like a 50-50 call.
On the Jumbotron right now they’re showing clips from Halloween night with weird holograms of dudes in green jumpsuits. Look what you’ve wrought CNN! Just thought everyone should know.
– Richard Jefferson  is tuning the C’s up with 11 points in the first 5 minutes. Another slow start for the Celtics  with too many jump shots. That’s a habit they’ll have to break. 14 points for RJ, by the way.
– The Bucks are starting Charlie Bell in place of Michael Redd , who is out with a bum ankle, by the way. Watch out for Ramon Sessions tonight, but then you intelligent readers already knew that .
– Active start for Kendrick Perkins  who had a big block on Andrew Bogut  and a big dunk. And now he got his first foul, in keeping with NBA policy, its come in the first two+ minutes of the game.
Article printed from Green Street: http://greenstreet.weei.com
URL to article: http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2008/11/07/celtics-bucks-live-blog/
URLs in this post:
 down-market team to follow: http://www.weei.com/Champs-Still-Class-of-the-East/3207936
 Scott Skiles: http://media.weei.com/basketball/scott-skiles.htm
 Jess: http://blogs.weei.com/jessicacamerato/
 Richard Jefferson: http://media.weei.com/basketball/richard-jefferson.htm
 Celtics: http://media.weei.com/basketball/boston-celtics.htm
 Michael Redd: http://media.weei.com/basketball/michael-redd.htm
 you intelligent readers already knew that: http://blogs.weei.com/jessicacamerato/2008/11/07/keep-an-eye-on-ramon-sessions/
 Kendrick Perkins: http://media.weei.com/basketball/kendrick-perkins.htm
 Andrew Bogut: http://media.weei.com/basketball/andrew-bogut.htm
 > Celtics-Bucks Game Blog First Quarter" data-url="http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2008/11/07/celtics-bucks-live-blog/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2014 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.