Keep an eye on: Ramon Sessions
|11.07.08 at 5:24 pm ET|
Pregame: Celtics vs. Bucks
His name is Ramon Sessions (pronounced Rah-mawn) and chances are you’ve never heard of him.
Sessions is one of the those good players hidden by a losing record. Up until this summer, you didn’t get much press in Milwaukee unless your name was Michael Redd and even then the coverage was limited. But Sessions began to come into his own last season and has carried that progress over into his sophomore year. Now his ball handling is earning him shout-outs on the BottomLine and recognition as a sleeper in fantasy keeper leagues.
He may have a ways to go before he earns full-time starter status (he’s headed back to the bench now that Luke Ridnour is healthy), but in the meantime Sessions is a promosing PG worth keeping an eye on.
- Averaged 8.3 assists in 38 minutes in first three games of the season
- Last season became first rookie in over 15 years to have a 20 point, 20 assist night
- Has been mentored by Charlie Villanueva and earned early praises from new head coach Scott Skiles
The Bucks will play the Celtics twice in two weeks when the Cs travel to Milwaukee on November 15. Stay tuned for more on Sessions and his teammates then.
- Ainge: Playoffs not a goal, progress is
- Jeff Green 8th in front court, Rajon Rondo 6th in back court in All Star...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/12
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96