Notes from Across the Hall: Celtics vs. Bucks
|11.07.08 at 9:04 pm ET|
Despite a slow start the Boston Celtics kicked it in gear in the second half to score a 101-89 win over the Milwaukee Bucks. After the game there was music blaring from the Celtics locker room. Across the hall in the visitors locker room, the Bucks were shaking their head in disappointment of letting this upset slip away.
- The Celtics outscored the Bucks 60-36 in the paint. “They pretty much owned us [in the paint] from the beginning to end,” said Bucks head coach Scott Skiles. “Early in the game out weak side defense was very poor and they didn’t hurt as much with it. They missed some shots but then as the game went on, they just kept taking advantage.”
- The Bucks seemed to forget everything they did correctly in the first quarter and crumbled 32-17 in the second. “The first quarter we played great,” said Charlie Villanueva. “We played great defense and the offense was going great. When they made their run, we started getting away from what we had been doing. Instead of spacing, we were in tight and our spacing was wrong. We stopped moving the ball correctly, stopped penetrating, and they took advantage of that.”
- Richard Jefferson (20 points) soaked his feet after the game and studied the stat sheet with Michael Redd. The two vets poured over the box score for at least five minutes. It’s nice to see Redd finally have some veteran support.
- Even though the Bucks are the league leaders in assists, they committed 22 turnovers and only dished off 17 dimes. “[We’ve] just got to get better at taking care of the ball,” said guard Charlie Bell. “We’re trying to make the extra pass and we’ve got to stay aggressive and know that they’re going to defend the passing lanes. They’re going to jump out. We’ve just got to do a better job of taking care of the ball.”
Many of the Bucks were quick to point out a grueling upcoming schedule. In the next five days they will face the Phoenix Suns, Cleveland Cavaliers, and San Antonio Spurs. Things are going to get harder before they get easier for the 3-3 Bucks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason