On Saturday the Boston Celtics  held an open practice for the New England Baptist Hospital. Specific plays are kept behind closed doors so today’s focus was more on drills and conditioning than strategies and game plans.
- Doc Rivers  stressed the importance of rebounding to the Cs and pointed out that their next opponent, the Detroit Pistons , are known for crashing the boards.
- Strength and conditioning coach Bryan Doo put the players through several exercises, many honing in on lower body strength and agility.
- Kendrick Perkins  was one of the first to complete full court running drills. At 6’10 just one of his strides looks like two or three steps for Rajon Rondo  and Eddie House .
- The players ran through drills wherein they had to move the ball without dribbling. The first team to score three baskets won. On the first possession, Leon Powe  suffocated Kevin Garnett  at the top of the key and forced a turnover. Paul Pierce , Eddie House, and J.R. Giddens each knocked down multiple shots.
- Ray Allen , Tony Allen , and Gabe Pruitt  stuck around after practice to get in some extra long range shots.
The Celtics left at 3pm for a flight to Detroit. They will play Allen Iverson  and the Pistons on Sunday at 6pm on NBA TV.