- Green Street - http://greenstreet.weei.com -
Celtics-Raptors Game Blog Fourth Quarter
Posted By Jessica Camerato On November 10, 2008 @ 7:31 pm In General | 2 Comments
Once down by as many as 16 points, the Boston Celtics  staged a fourth quarter comeback to beat the Toronto Raptors  94-87 on Monday night at the TD BankNorth Garden . Paul Pierce  scored 22 points in the final 12 minutes alone and finished the night with 36 points, nine rebounds, and four assists. Kevin Garnett  added 21 points and 10 boards. Jermaine O’Neal  posted 23 points and 11 rebounds for the Raptors.
- Remember back in the day when Paul Pierce take shot after shot to win the game for the Celtics? It’s like deja vu here tonight. Pierce is in the zone, from pull up jumpers to lay ins. Pierce proved years ago he could stage comebacks by himself and now he has a cast of champions by his side to help him get the W.
- Hope you enjoyed that commercial break because you just missed the most entertaining rendition of Bon Jovi’s “Living on a Prayer” that the Garden has ever seen. The fan looked kind of like a guy from “The Pick Up Artist” but had the moves of a contestant on “Dancing with the Stars.”
- The Celtics took the lead with 4:37 left in the game. The run was led by Pierce, who hit back-to-back threes. Then Eddie House  capped off the comeback with another trey to put the Celtics up 79-77.
- It looked like the Celtics were about to claim the lead when Tony Allen  drove to the hoop with seven minutes to go. The basket dropped but TA was called for an offensive foul by first-year official Curtis Blair.
- Timeout Toronto. Pierce made this a one-point game with eight minutes to go. The Celtics are attacking the hoop and now it’s the Raptors who looked rushed trying to get a shot off.
- What a turn of events. Jermaine O’Neal was single handedly beating the Celtics in the first half. Now he’s being whistled for personal fouls from the same place he was dominating the game — at the basket. O’Neal was called for a foul on two consecutive possessions, one offensive and one defensive. He didn’t like the calls but the Celtics are loving the turnovers.
- So far the Celtics are 2-for-13 from three-point range while the Raptors are 4-for-12. If someone gets hot in the fourth quarter (Ray Allen ? Eddie House? Paul Pierce?) this game could be turned around in just a few baskets.
- On the Jumbotron Kevin Garnett just promised that he’ll give the fans back every ounce that they give to the Celtics. He’s raising his finger, they’re rising to their feet, the volume is rising at the Garden.
Article printed from Green Street: http://greenstreet.weei.com
URL to article: http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2008/11/10/celtics-raptors-game-blog-fourth-quarter/
URLs in this post:
 Boston Celtics: http://media.weei.com/basketball/boston-celtics.htm
 Toronto Raptors: http://media.weei.com/basketball/toronto-raptors.htm
 TD BankNorth Garden: http://media.weei.com/basketball/td-banknorth-garden.htm
 Paul Pierce: http://media.weei.com/basketball/paul-pierce.htm
 Kevin Garnett: http://media.weei.com/basketball/kevin-garnett.htm
 Jermaine O’Neal: http://media.weei.com/basketball/jermaine-oneal.htm
 Eddie House: http://media.weei.com/basketball/eddie-house.htm
 Tony Allen: http://media.weei.com/basketball/tony-allen.htm
 Ray Allen: http://media.weei.com/basketball/ray-allen-celtics.htm
 > Celtics-Raptors Game Blog Fourth Quarter" data-url="http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2008/11/10/celtics-raptors-game-blog-fourth-quarter/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2014 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.