- Green Street - http://greenstreet.weei.com -
Celtics-Raptors Game Blog Second Quarter
Posted By Jessica Camerato On November 10, 2008 @ 6:15 pm In General | 1 Comment
Ok so that wasn’t pretty. The Celtics are down 48-36 at the end of the first half and are basically getting beat by one player … Jermaine O’Neal. JO has 19 points and eight rebounds in just 17 minutes. Next in line is Joey Graham with eight points and Chris Bosh has six. The Celtics have not had an answer for JO on either end of the court. Kevin Garnett has 11 points and 4 defensive rebounds while Perk is scoreless with one board. If the Celtics are going to get back into this game, they are going to have to step up their low post game to counter JO’s assault. Adding insult to injury, the Celtics are shooting 32%.
- Rondo is feeling very unselfish tonight and that isn’t necessarily a good thing. He has dished off several passes at the basket instead of going up for the layup. The problem is, his teammates aren’t always knocking them down. O’Neal and Bosh only have one personal foul each. Driving and drawing a foul could help the Celtics right now as they struggle against the Raptors.
- Jermaine O’Neal obviously didn’t get the memo that today is Perk’s birthday. The two exchanged words at the Raptors hoop and both were T’ed up. Sam Mitchell checked out the situation but was not needed for reinforcement. JO went to the line, Perk went to the bench, let’s see what happens in the second half.
- If you enjoy watching Ray Allen rain threes, take a good look at Jason Kapono. The reigning Three-Point Shootout champion makes it look effortless and his hitting his mark from downtown. Like Allen, he isn’t flashy and the only noise he has to make is the swish of the basket.
- Big Baby has been given the task of guarding JO. It’s a noticeable size disadvantage for Davis and the veteran just got the best of him. Big Baby eagerly tried to block a shot and wound up landing on top of O’Neal. On the other end, KG faked O’Neal for a turnaround jumper. Payback.
- Graham just a nailed a mid-range jumper. I have to admit that is one of the few baskets I’ve seen him hit in four years. (He’s averaging 1.5 points per game this season.)
- Pierce was playing with the second unit of Tony Allen, Leon Powe, Eddie House, and Glen Davis. Down by 10 with seven minutes left in the half, KG and Rondo entered the game for Powe and Allen.
- There is a clash of the college teammates on the court right now. Former Oklahoma State Cowboys Tony Allen and Joey Graham are guarding each other on the perimeter. TA and Graham were members of the 2004 OK State squad that made it to the FInal Four, upsetting Delonte West and Jameer Nelson’s undefeated St. Joe’s team along the way.
- Second quarter action gets underway as a mini-Scal is shown on the Jumbotron. The red-headed infant bears a strong resemblance to #44, who was caught laughing on the big screen. Let’s get to the action …
At the start of the second quarter … Raptors 23, Celtics 18
Article printed from Green Street: http://greenstreet.weei.com
URL to article: http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2008/11/10/celtics-raptors-game-blog-second-quarter/
URLs in this post:
 > Celtics-Raptors Game Blog Second Quarter" data-url="http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2008/11/10/celtics-raptors-game-blog-second-quarter/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.