Celtics and Hawks Set for Rematch
|11.12.08 at 4:57 pm ET|
The last time the Atlanta Hawks left the Garden, they had just been steamrolled in a dramatic Game 7 of the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.
Tonight a more mature team is back in the building in hopes of keeping their undefeated season alive. It’s role reversal, with the Celtics looking to play the spoiler.
Hawks head coach Mike Woodson said the series left a “nice taste in their mouth” and his team is hungry for a win. He admits that the Hawks would not be 6-0 if it weren’t for that battle, but Ray Allen isn’t taking responsibility for their early success. Allen knew the team was talented last season before the Celtics faced them.
Keep an eye on Al Horford, who is riding the momentum of last night’s 27-point, 17-rebound performance against former Florida teammate Joakim Noah and the Chicago Bulls. Horford knows the Celtics fans still remember his tiffs with the Celtics and feeds off the energy of a high-pressure game.
I’ll be bringing you all the action from the TD BankNorth Garden so check back regularly for updates.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason