- Green Street - http://greenstreet.weei.com -
Celtics-Nuggest Game Day Blog: Second Quarter
Posted By Jessica Camerato On November 14, 2008 @ 6:36 pm In General | 1 Comment
At the half … Nuggets 48, Celtics 42
SECOND QUARTER WRAP: First half woes continue for the Celtics. A late second quarter push got them back within six, but it doesn’t erase the fact they were outscored 25-13. The problem is their inability to finish at the basket and have been outscored by 12 in the paint. Ray Allen is still leading all scorers with 18 even though he hasn’t hit a shot since the first quarter. Nene is leading the Nuggets with 10.
- The Celtics capped the second with a 6-0 run. Right now it’s too little too late.
- The second unit couldn’t get anything started so Doc’s going back to this starting lineup with under four minutes to go. The starters gave up two quick baskets to go down 48-36, prompting a timeout. The Celtics are faltering in the second quarter like they had in the first against the Raptors and Hawks. They’ve been able to compensate for their offensive struggles with tough D but tonight they’re coming up short on both ends.
- We’re five minutes into the second and the Celtics have dished just one assist since the end of the first. With Rondo on the bench, the only dime as come from Pierce. House is at the point and has not recorded any.
- The Celtics are struggling to connect down low even. At the eight-minute mark they have been outscored 20-8 in the paint. In fact, they’ve taken less than a third of their shots in the green.
- Ray Allen is finally getting a break with 9:39 left in the second quarter. Pierce is back in the game, looking to reignite the hot hand that has dropped 75 points so far this week.
- Doc Rivers is resting all of his starters except for Ray Allen. He has Tony Allen, Glen Davis, Eddie House, and Leon Powe on the court against Billups and reserves J.R. Smith, Renaldo Balkman, Linas Kleiza, and Anthony Carter.
- At the start of the second quarter … Celtics 29, Nuggets 23
Welcome to the Ray Allen Show.
Check out Allen’s stat line from the first 12 minutes: 18 points, 6-7 FG, 3-3 FT, 1 AST. Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett have chipped in with nine points combined, matching Chauncey Billups’ team high for the Nuggets.
Article printed from Green Street: http://greenstreet.weei.com
URL to article: http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2008/11/14/celtics-nuggest-game-day-blog-second-quarter/
URLs in this post:
 > Celtics-Nuggest Game Day Blog: Second Quarter" data-url="http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2008/11/14/celtics-nuggest-game-day-blog-second-quarter/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.