Celtics-Nuggets Game Blog: Fourth Quarter
|11.14.08 at 7:57 pm ET|
Final Score … Nuggets 94 , Celtics85
The Boston Celtics could not overcome an early deficit and lost 94-85 to the Denver Nuggets. This is the Celtics first home loss of the season and they fall to 8-2. Ray Allen led all scorers with 26 points while Chauncey Billups and Carmelo Anthony scored 18 apiece for the Nuggets. The Celtics end this homestand 2-1.
– Could this be the end of late game heroics? The Celtics have found themselves in a double-digit deficit with just over a minute to go. Pierce is scoreless in the fourth quarter, for the record.
– Heart. Toughness. Intensity. Focus. Home Court. The words flashed on the Jumbotron during a highlight video set to KG’s favorite, “In the Air Tonight.” Then Nuggets came out of the timeout with a Billups three-point play. Talk about a mood kill.
– Pierce is back and and KG welcomed him to the court with a huge dunk. Scal got so excited he nearly ran from the bench to the player’s tunnel. With the Big Three on the court and 2:30 to go, we’ve got ourselves a ball game. Timeout Denver, Nuggets 86 – Celtics 84
– The Celtics are staying in this game with their long-range shooting. They have hit 9 of 21 from three-point land. The Nuggets on the other hand are just 4 for 12. Ray Allen and House are a combined 7-for-15.
– A Nuggets fan just got doused in Silly String. She jumped around basking in her glory of the crowd’s disapproval and now she’s posing for pictures.
– Pierce, who is scoreless in the first five minutes of the quarter, has just come out of the game. Interesting since he has single-handedly taken over the previous two games in the final 12. Doc’s got KG back out there now with Ray Allen, House, Powe, and Tony Allen. KG quickly got to work, getting tied up with Anthony Carter for a jump ball. I think Garnett’s got this one in the bag.
– Tony Allen and Melo are on the sidelines waiting to come in. The Cs are going with defense, the Nuggets with offense with the score Nuggets 74 – Celtics 70 at the eight minute mark.
– Let’s take a look at who’s on the court:
Celtics: House, Ray Allen, Pierce, Davis, Powe
Nuggets: Carter, Kleiza, Smith, Balkman, Martin
At the start of the fourth quarter … Celtics 65, Nuggets 64
The Celtics have followed suit and got hot in the third quarter after a slow start. Pierce is entering the final stretch after scoring 12 minutes in the last 12 minutes. Let’s see if they can continue this trend of comeback wins …
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?