Final Score … Nuggets 94 , Celtics85
The Boston Celtics  could not overcome an early deficit and lost 94-85 to the Denver Nuggets . This is the Celtics first home loss of the season and they fall to 8-2. Ray Allen  led all scorers with 26 points while Chauncey Billups  and Carmelo Anthony scored 18 apiece for the Nuggets. The Celtics end this homestand 2-1.
– Could this be the end of late game heroics? The Celtics have found themselves in a double-digit deficit with just over a minute to go. Pierce is scoreless in the fourth quarter, for the record.
– Heart. Toughness. Intensity. Focus. Home Court. The words flashed on the Jumbotron during a highlight video set to KG’s favorite, “In the Air Tonight.” Then Nuggets came out of the timeout with a Billups three-point play. Talk about a mood kill.
– Pierce is back and and KG welcomed him to the court with a huge dunk. Scal got so excited he nearly ran from the bench to the player’s tunnel. With the Big Three on the court and 2:30 to go, we’ve got ourselves a ball game. Timeout Denver, Nuggets 86 – Celtics 84
– The Celtics are staying in this game with their long-range shooting. They have hit 9 of 21 from three-point land. The Nuggets on the other hand are just 4 for 12. Ray Allen and House are a combined 7-for-15.
– A Nuggets fan just got doused in Silly String. She jumped around basking in her glory of the crowd’s disapproval and now she’s posing for pictures.
– Pierce, who is scoreless in the first five minutes of the quarter, has just come out of the game. Interesting since he has single-handedly taken over the previous two games in the final 12. Doc’s got KG back out there now with Ray Allen, House, Powe, and Tony Allen . KG quickly got to work, getting tied up with Anthony Carter  for a jump ball. I think Garnett’s got this one in the bag.
– Tony Allen and Melo are on the sidelines waiting to come in. The Cs are going with defense, the Nuggets with offense with the score Nuggets 74 – Celtics 70 at the eight minute mark.
– Let’s take a look at who’s on the court:
Celtics: House, Ray Allen, Pierce, Davis, Powe
Nuggets: Carter, Kleiza, Smith, Balkman, Martin
At the start of the fourth quarter … Celtics 65, Nuggets 64
The Celtics have followed suit and got hot in the third quarter after a slow start. Pierce is entering the final stretch after scoring 12 minutes in the last 12 minutes. Let’s see if they can continue this trend of comeback wins …