Allen Discusses Son’s Diagnosis
|11.16.08 at 10:42 pm ET|
Ray Allen’s life changed last June, and it had nothing to do with winning his first NBA Championship. His infant son Walker was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes during the NBA Finals, a storyline of personal anguish which was highlighted during the Boston Celtics title run.
Five months later, winning the championship may be in the past but the Allen family’s struggle is still very present. Allen and his wife Shannon sat down with WCVB Boston to discuss the daily ups and downs of raising a child with diabetes.
‘Being on this world stage, we said, ‘Why is this happening? Wow, God works in mysterious ways,’’ said Allen. ‘It’s like, he put this on our plate at this point in time in my life. He’s giving me this mantle to step up and be somewhat of a flagship for this disease and making sure other families understand and know what they’re going through, make sure kids aren’t misdiagnosed, make sure no child has to die because they are misdiagnosed.”
To watch the complete interview, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason