Bowl for Charity with Pierce and the Celtics
|11.16.08 at 6:24 pm ET|
On a rare day off from the Boston Celtics demanding schedule, Paul Pierce is hitting the lanes for charity.
On Monday, November 17 at 6pm, Pierce is hosting his star-studded bowling tournament, “The Truth Strikes Again,” at Kings Lanes (50 Dalton Street) in Boston. Pierce, his teammates, members of the Boston Red Sox and New England Patriots, as well as other celebrities will be bowling to raise money for Pierce’s foundation for disadvantaged youth, The Truth Fund.
At this event Pierce will launch his newest initiative, “The Truth on Health,” which promotes healthy living and exercise to inner city youth in the Boston area.
Limited tickets are available at www.ticketmaster.com/truth. Pierce is also hosting an online raffle at www.netraffle.org in which one grand prize winner will receive 16 tickets to a Celtics game in Pierce’s luxury suite, a meet-and-greet with the Celtics captain, and an autographed jersey. Raffle tickets cost $2.00 each and can be purchased online until Monday, February 24 at 9am.
More information on Pierce’s Truth Foundation is available at www.paulpierce.net.
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9
- State of the Celtics: Jordan Crawford named Eastern Conference Player of...