We kick off the final 12 minutes with Mike D’Antoni getting T’ed up in between quarters. He was bantering with the refs and Quentin Richardson  was yelling too. So much hostility tonight. Now Q is yelling at his teammates in the huddle, who enter the fourth down 89-77.
– There are 24 seconds on the clock for a reason — so the players can see them. Tony Allen  lost track of the count and made an extra pass to Davis as the buzzer sounded. On the next possession, the Celtics  ran the clock down to two seconds before House threw up a missed three.
– Down 92-82 with nine minutes to go, the Knicks bench are on their feet. Richardson, who is easily identified with his sweatband, is leading the charge of reserves.
– Cue the motivational video. This time it comes to us from Pierce, who has asked the crowd to make some noise. A fan behind me just introduced his son to the joys of chanting “Airrr-balll.” But right now the loudest people are the Knicks coaches yelling on the sidelines.
– Every player on the court has scored in double-digits tonight. The Celtics are going with Powe, Rondo, Ray Allen , Pierce, and Perk while the Knicks are hoping Duhon, Robinson, Chandler, Richardson, and Randolph can make a comeback. This game isn’t over yet. The Celtics are up nine with 3:30 to go but the Knicks aren’t going down quietly.
– I watched Chandler at Vegas Summer League and was impressed, but summer league performances don’t always translate into regular season success. Chandler, though, is proving he’s for real tonight. He already has 21 points but more impressively, he has got 20 shots off. Next time guarding him a little tighter could be in the Celtics game plan.
– Tough call. Up 104-99 with 1:35 left, Perk was whistled for an offensive foul when he pushed off on Chandler trying to clear the ball up the court. Kudos to Perk for only getting called for three personals tonight against a feisty Knicks team.
– The Garden is on their feet for a three-pointer by Scal. “Scalllll for threeee!” gets them going every time.
– The most impressive performance tonight has come from Rondo. The point guard has quietly posted 15 points, 8 rebounds, and 7 assists. He was finally attacking the basket and taking his shot. Good things can happen when he plays a little selfish.
That’s a wrap. Celtics 110, Knicks 101. More from the locker rooms in a few …