- Green Street - http://greenstreet.weei.com -
Celtics-Knicks Game Blog: Second Quarter
Posted By Jessica Camerato On November 18, 2008 @ 6:11 pm In General | 1 Comment
Trailing 35-32 with eight minutes left in the second quarter, the Celtics  outscored the Knicks 25-12 to take a 56-47 lead at the half.
The quarter was anything but calm with runs, drives, hard fouls, and even a scuffle at the hoop …
- It’s ironic that I talked to Leon Powe  before the game about what KG has taught him about maintaining his composure in heated game situations. Powe and Randolph were just given technical fouls for a tussle under the Knicks basket. The two had to be separated by their teammates and have been exchanging frozen stares at each other down the court. Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck was spotted giving the “eject him” sign to the refs. “He always talks to us about that, especially me, just about keeping my composure even when i’m mad and if I want to go back at somebody, you go back at somebody by taking your time and really doing it in the game and the team concepts,” Powe said of Garnett. Hmm …
- There is a life-sized Nutracker walking around the Garden. The costume is part of the Boston Ballet’s halftime performance, but for those who are unaware of the entertainment, it just looks creepy.
- Timeout with six minutes to go and the Celtics second unit has taken over with a 45-37 lead. So far they have knocked the Knicks down to 44% field goal shooting while boosting their own to nearly 70%. The reserves are playing with a fiery intensity that has Pierce clapping and encouraging them in the huddle.
- Two smart moves by Tony Allen : the first, an aggressive drive to the basket that he finished off with a layup and the second, a drive and dish to Big Baby for the jumper that he’s been perfecting.
- The question tonight was, who will make up for Garnett? While KG is irreplacebale, it’s Powe who is stepping up in the post. He has eight points in eight minutes of play and he could easily wind up with 15 tonight.
- Rivers has Ray Allen  playing with the second unit (Eddie House , Tony Allen, Glen Davis , Leon Powe). They give up a lot of size with this lineup but are going for defensive stops. It also helps the Celtics that the Knicks leading scorers, Quentin Richardson  and Wilson Chandler , are taking a breather.
- The Celtics looked like they had control early on but enter the second quarter allowing the Knicks to shoot 52% from the field. Seven turnovers haven’t helped the Cs either. Let’s see what they can do …
At the start of the second quarter … Knicks 28, Celtics 26
… Paul brings you the action for the third …
Article printed from Green Street: http://greenstreet.weei.com
URL to article: http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2008/11/18/celtics-knicks-game-blog-second-quarter/
URLs in this post:
 Celtics: http://media.weei.com/basketball/boston-celtics.htm
 Leon Powe: http://media.weei.com/basketball/leon-powe.htm
 Tony Allen: http://media.weei.com/basketball/tony-allen.htm
 Ray Allen: http://media.weei.com/basketball/ray-allen-celtics.htm
 Eddie House: http://media.weei.com/basketball/eddie-house.htm
 Glen Davis: http://media.weei.com/basketball/glen-davis.htm
 Quentin Richardson: http://media.weei.com/basketball/quentin-richardson.htm
 Wilson Chandler: http://media.weei.com/basketball/wilson-chandler.htm
 > Celtics-Knicks Game Blog: Second Quarter" data-url="http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2008/11/18/celtics-knicks-game-blog-second-quarter/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2014 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.