Celtics-Knicks Game Blog: Third Quarter
|11.18.08 at 6:55 pm ET|
And we’re back for the third quarter. The Celtics figured out a very simple formula in the second: Pound the ball inside. The Knicks are just not a good defensive team in the paint and Leon Powe had his way with them in the paint.
The starters, except for Ray Allen, are well-rested after sitting out all of the second quarter. Let’s see if they can expand the lead…
– THIRD QUARTER WRAP: With a late surge, the Celtics pushed the lead up to 12 points, 89-77, and they’ll be shooting a technical when we come back on D’Antoni. (He’s been on the officials all night). Larger leads than this have disappeared in the NBA, but this is the first time they have gone into the fourth quarter with a double-digit lead at home since Chicago back on Halloween.
– Pierce now is in double figures in scoring. So is every starter except for Scal, and Leon Powe. How do you win games without KG? That’s how.
– The Knicks have it down to single-digits and D’Antoni must be serious about playing D in the second half because he brought Malik Rose off the bench instead of going small.
– No buzz in the arena tonight. Even the old guy who does the KG get-hyped routine is off his game. So saying, Scal just knocked down a 3 for the first big cheer of the night. Two in a row for Scal! The legend continues…
– Scalabrine just stuffed David Lee and wound up in the front row chasing the loose ball. Interesting that Scal said that the crowd attention on him affects his play. He’s doing exactly what Doc wanted him to do which is run the floor and play defense, which while not exciting, is his job. I’d offer more brilliant thoughts on the matter, but that’s all I got.
– After a couple of wayward 3′s the Celtics are banging it down low again. Perkins is having a really nice night. The key for the C’s the rest of the night is simply not getting complacent and getting caught up in the Knicks helter-skelter style. They can score just about every time they go inside. Rebounds are 30-17 in favor of the Celtics, by the way.
– I’ll say this for the Knicks: Wilson Chandler is a player. How is it that he couldn’t find any time last year?
– Randolph… not helping his trade value. That 3-pointer had as much of going in as the Game Blog has of winning the Pulitizer.
– Wow. Zach Randolph didn’t try to stop Ray on that drive. And now he’s messing with Perkins. Somewhere KG is taking notes.
- Let the countdown begin: Rondo 10-14 days away from meeting with Dr....
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/4
- Early conclusions after 20 games
- Jared Sullinger Drawing the Double Team and Assessing the Boston Celtics...
- Jordan Crawford Does it Again, Boston Celtics beat Milwaukee Bucks...
- Boston Celtics respond with a win, beat Milwaukee Bucks, 108-100
- Jeff Green Latest to Shoot Down Boston Celtics Tanking Talk