Celtics-Pistons Game Blog: Fourth Quarter
|11.20.08 at 8:19 pm ET|
Game Over: Celtics 98, Pistons 80 … More from the locker rooms to follow.
- Gino time. The crowd is clearing out with 52 seconds left and Gino is shaking it on the big screen.
- Amir Johnson hasn’t shown much in his four-year career with the Pistons but tonight offered glimpses into his potential at the hoop. Johnson has a long wing span and can glide his arms to the basket for easy lay-ins. He’s only 21 and has more time to prove himself.
- With a bucket from O’Bryant, everyone on the Celtics active roster has scored.
- House is out, Scal’s in. And here comes … Patrick O’Bryant. It’s officially only a matter of time before we see Gino dancing.
- There are competing “Let’s Go Celtics” and “Scal-a-bri-ne” chants going on right now. Apparently they didn’t get the memo that Scal isn’t a fan.
- Pruitt is clearly excited to be in the game and tried to run the ball up the court off a Detroit miss. Doc quickly put his hands up to slow down. The Celtics may be up by more than 20 but it’s never a good idea to start getting too flashy against a veteran squad. Plus Pruitt is in the game for experience, not showtime.
- The Celtics kick off the fourth quarter with Lucky the Leprachaun trying to wow the TNT crew with slam dunks. He tried for SportsCenter before and it doesn’t look like he’s giving up until he’s on national tv.
At the start of the fourth … Celtics 77, Pistons 57