Pregame: Celtics vs. Pistons
|11.20.08 at 5:38 pm ET|
Welcome to the TD BankNorth Garden where Paul and I are bringing you all the sights and sounds from the Celtics-Pistons battle. Tonight’s game is on TNT with postgame coverage later on Comcast SportsNet.
The hot topic tonight is how the Pistons will play after getting acclimated with Allen Iverson. Doc Rivers called Iverson “a freak of nature” considering just how good he still is at his age and size. Rivers explained that many people wondered when A.I. would slow down, and so far, he hasn’t.
Ray Allen expects to see the Pistons at some point in the playoffs, noting that over the last few years they have been the team to beat to get to the NBA Finals. Allen ranks the Pistons and Cavs at the top of his Eastern Conference lists.
Both locker rooms were noticeably quiet. With the exception of Bill Walker, it was a ghost town for a while in the Celtics room. Across the hall, the Pistons locker room was void of Rasheed Wallace’s typically blaring music. Maybe Club Sheed will be open after the game.
… Congratulations to the Celtics game day staff who received their very own championship rings tonight. From printing box scores to running stats in between quarters, they help make our jobs easier every night.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?