Celtics-Warriors Game Blog: Fourth Quarter
|11.26.08 at 7:34 pm ET|
– And just like that the Celtics have all but locked in a victory. The Warriors faltered offensively and the Celtics got hot at the basket. KG just attempted a three. I’d say this one’s in the bag.
– This is where team chemistry could come into play. The Celtics can read each other like a book and are pulling away with cohesive play. The Warriors, on the other hand, have two first year players on the court in Maggette and Crawford.
– Jackson thinks this is hilarious. Ray Allen got called for the foul on Jackson’s three-point attempt and Jackson couldn’t contain his jubilation. He made two of three free throws.
– Who wants it more? KG or Captain Jack? It’s about to play out in the final five.
– The officials just told Celtics superfan Marty Joyce to take a seat. Something tells me they can’t stop him, they can only hope to contain him … And he’s back on his feet celebrating a Warriors foul.
– Pierce entered the game with seven minutes to go and the Celtics down by one. He just picked up his fourth foul but Doc needs him on the court for his late-game heroics.
– Jackson wanted to make sure the Celtics saw that shot. After draining a three over a pair of defenders, he pranced in front of the Cs bench. Someone’s in it to win it.
– Eddie House is off tonight. He isn’t simply missing his shots, he just threw up a brick from long range. He and Scal are the only scoreless Celtics with 9:35 to go.
– Scal just got called for his 10th personal foul of the season. Pierce leads the Celtics with 41.
– It will be interesting to see how Watson performs down the stretch. He was a Vegas Summer League standout (19 points, 5 assists, 3.5 rebounds per game) but those impressive performances can often be a fluke.
– Celtics start the fourth quarter with Pierce, Davis, Tony Allen, Scal, and House. Crawford, Azubuike, Turiaf, Watson, and Maggette are on the court for the Warriors.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?