- Green Street - http://greenstreet.weei.com -
Celtics-Warriors Game Blog: Second Quarter
Posted By Jessica Camerato On November 26, 2008 @ 6:13 pm In General | No Comments
At the half … Warriors 67 , Celtics  54
SECOND HALF WRAP: So how did this happen?
– Another T, this time for Doc Rivers . The Celtics are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the league in technicals … and Doc’s still heated.
– Maggette is flat out ignoring Ray Allen and seeing only the basket in this quarter. He scored 11 second quarter points before getting a rest with 3:30 to go in the half. There’s no let up for the Celtics, though. Stephen Jackson  has 18 points so far and is attacking the hoop possession after possession.
– At the timeout, the Warriors have outscored the Celtics 15-8 six minutes into the second quarter. The game is tied 43-43, led by six points in as many minutes from Maggette. The Warriors have also forced three turnovers while committing none.
– KG vs. Ronny Turiaf … I feel like I’m at the NBA Finals  again.
– If Eddie House  and Corey Maggette  were to get tangled on the court, who do you think would come up on the winning end? Surprisingly, it was House who dealt a hard blow to Maggette under the Warriors basket. (No hard feelings, he checked to make sure Maggette was ok.) The Warriors won’t underestimate the size of EHouse.
– Rather than leave a starter on the court, Doc’s going with Scal again in the second unit. He’s on the court with Leon Powe , Tony Allen , Glen Davis , and Eddie House. The Warriors have Corey Maggette, Andris Biedrins, Kelenna Azubuike, C.J. Watson, and Ronny Turiaf.
– One thing that jumped out in the first quarter was how undersized the Warriors looked next to the Celtics. Kendrick Perkins  vs. Brandan Wright ? Perk’s got 75 pounds on him. So I crunched the numbers to compare the starting lineups … Celtics: 6’7, 230.2 lbs, Warriors: 6’8, 215.6 lbs. May not seem like a big difference but it sure translates into the Celtics big men doing a lot of banging around in the paint.
– The Golden State Warriors  allow the second most points in the league (106 ppg), and tonight it’s easy to see why. The Celtics are on pace to score 70 points in the first half alone after aggressively attacking the paint in the first quarter. Let’s see if they run up the scoreboard in the second quarter …
Article printed from Green Street: http://greenstreet.weei.com
URL to article: http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2008/11/26/celtics-warriors-game-blog-second-quarter/
URLs in this post:
 Celtics: http://media.weei.com/basketball/boston-celtics.htm
 Ray Allen: http://media.weei.com/basketball/ray-allen-celtics.htm
 Charlotte Bobcats: http://media.weei.com/basketball/charlotte-bobcats.htm
 They won the game 119-110: http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200503140CHA.html
 Doc Rivers: http://media.weei.com/basketball/doc-rivers.htm
 Stephen Jackson: http://media.weei.com/basketball/stephen-jackson.htm
 NBA Finals: http://media.weei.com/basketball/nba-finals.htm
 Eddie House: http://media.weei.com/basketball/eddie-house.htm
 Corey Maggette: http://media.weei.com/basketball/corey-maggette.htm
 Leon Powe: http://media.weei.com/basketball/leon-powe.htm
 Tony Allen: http://media.weei.com/basketball/tony-allen.htm
 Glen Davis: http://media.weei.com/basketball/glen-davis.htm
 Kendrick Perkins: http://media.weei.com/basketball/kendrick-perkins.htm
 Brandan Wright: http://media.weei.com/basketball/brandan-wright.htm
 Golden State Warriors: http://media.weei.com/basketball/golden-state-warriors.htm
 > Celtics-Warriors Game Blog: Second Quarter" data-url="http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2008/11/26/celtics-warriors-game-blog-second-quarter/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2014 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.