Celtics Warriors Game Blog: Third Quarter
|11.26.08 at 7:01 pm ET|
I’ll be honest: After that first quarter, I figured the Celtics defense would tighten up and we’d be looking at a 10-15 point game the rest of the way. Which is reason 337 why I don’t gamble. The good news for the Celtics is that a 13-point spread against a team like Golden State can disappear pretty quickly. But, as noted in the intro I have no feel for this game at all.
THIRD QUARTER WRAP: The only thing I know about this game is that I have no idea how it’s going to end. There was no real rhyme or reason for the Celtics to start making a comeback when they did, but hey, here we are with the C’s up 86-83. Now the bench has to hold the fort for a few minutes.
Rondo was ridiculous in that quarter going 6-for-9 from the floor and 4-for-4 from the line. He has 20 points, six boards, five dimes and he has (unofficially) Rondo’d Golden State five times. All yours Jess…
– The Warriors just got Rondo’d. The Celtics defense is very active to start the half. They have their hands up on every pass, which is smart since the warriors are a tad careless with their perimeter passing. Down to 10.
– The Celtics are touting Kendrick Perkins as an All-Star candidate during the timeout on the Jumbotron. Nothing against Perk, who I think is generally underrated and certainly a vital part of what the Celtics do, but that seems like overkill.
– Ray Allen is looking spry tonight. He had a dunk earlier and just finished off a nifty, twisting layup betwixt two Warriors. The crowd is into it. Really into it. (Jack Nies with the buzzkill foul call.)
–Ok, that move requires a little more description. Rondo went in for the layup, used Stephen Jackson’s shoulder as a springboard, managed to not foul Jackson (the Warriors disagree) and then bank in a layup over Turiaf, who fell and hit the ground hard (looked like his wrist).
On a completely different tip, you haven’t lived until you’ve seen Soulja Boy, Jr (Jess came up with that one) try to dance a jig to the Dropkick Murphys.
– That’s all right that Rondo missed that jump shot. He has to take it, and he was in rhythm with decent form. They’ll go down more often that not. The important thing is that he takes them. (Dunks work too. The pace of this game is playing havoc with blogging insights).
–Brandan Wright is going to have KG nightmares for a week. Wow. Just wow.
– CJ Watson is living the dream right now. That’s two straight momentum-stalling jumpers he’s buried.
– When Baby establishes position that’s a lot of position he’s establishing. Thought he moved his feet on that one. Oh well.
–The Celtics bench has not made a shot tonight. That will have to change obviously.