Pregame: Celtics vs. Warriors
|11.26.08 at 5:00 pm ET|
The Warriors (5-9) are sporting a new look tonight with former Knick Jamal Crawford in the backcourt. Doc Rivers said Crawford will fit right in with Don Nelson’s system and the veteran guard makes the Warriors much better than before.
One player who didn’t fit in with Nelson’s system was Patrick O’Bryant. Rivers noted that O’Bryant has spent more time with assistant coach Clifford Ray than he probably wanted to, but Ray has a proven track record of bringing out the best in big men (Al Jefferson, Kendrick Perkins). O’Bryant also worked out with Ray this summer at Ray and Robert Parish’s camp at IMG Academies.
Two days after the passing of his wife Helen, Tommy Heinsohn is at the Garden as a spectator. Donny Marshall will be working alongside Mike Gorman tonight. Helen will be honored before the game with a moment of silence.
Paul will bring you all the action from the first quarter on the Celtics Game Day Blog.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...