Pregame: Celtics vs. Warriors
|11.26.08 at 5:00 pm ET|
Greetings from the TD BankNorth Garden where Paul and I have you covered as the Boston Celtics take on the Golden State Warriors.
The Warriors (5-9) are sporting a new look tonight with former Knick Jamal Crawford in the backcourt. Doc Rivers said Crawford will fit right in with Don Nelson’s system and the veteran guard makes the Warriors much better than before.
One player who didn’t fit in with Nelson’s system was Patrick O’Bryant. Rivers noted that O’Bryant has spent more time with assistant coach Clifford Ray than he probably wanted to, but Ray has a proven track record of bringing out the best in big men (Al Jefferson, Kendrick Perkins). O’Bryant also worked out with Ray this summer at Ray and Robert Parish’s camp at IMG Academies.
Two days after the passing of his wife Helen, Tommy Heinsohn is at the Garden as a spectator. Donny Marshall will be working alongside Mike Gorman tonight. Helen will be honored before the game with a moment of silence.
Paul will bring you all the action from the first quarter on the Celtics Game Day Blog.
- Grantland's one-on-one interview with Brad Stevens: Steez, Ties, and Math
- Doc, Defense, and Lob City - Q&A with Clips Nation's Steve Perin
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development