Celtics-76ers Game Blog: Third Quarter
|11.28.08 at 7:00 pm ET|
At the end of the third quarter … Celtics 73, 76ers 47
THIRD QUARTER WRAP: Garnett and Ray Allen put on a show toward the end of the third quarter, killing the 76ers from both inside and out. The Sixers tried to fight back by going inside (12 points in the paint) but that is no match for the surge by Allen and KG (15 and 8 third quarter points respectively).
– First it was Allen’s threes and now it’s KG’s dunks. Garnett has been unstoppable at the basket laying down jam after jam on former Celtic Theo Ratliff. Ratliff’s mega contract made the KG deal possible and KG is doing little to thank him.
– Credit KG’s monster dunk to the Celtics solid ball movement. The 76ers look lost trying to figure out who’s going to shoot.
– Allen has hit three three-pointers in as many minutes. All of a sudden he has 21 points, nearly half of the Sixers total.
– KG isn’t backing down after his one-game suspension. He dealt Iguodala a hit to the chest after Iggy scored, a bump that was noticed by Iguodala but not called by the refs.
– Think again. Allen drained back-to-back threes, pushing the lead back up to 20.
– Both teams are cold from long-range. The Celtics are 1-for-6 and the 76ers are 0-for-3 with six minutes to go in the quarter. Ironically, Ray Allen is the Celtics leading scorer despite being cold from the arc.
– Less than four minutes into the third quarter, the Celtics have pushed the lead up to 20 points. Rondo has four quick points and the 76ers need a timeout.
On the court at the start of the third quarter …
Celtics: Pierce, Garnett, Perkins, Ray Allen, Rondo
76ers: Young, Brand, Dalembert, Iguodala, Miller
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?