Celtics-Magic Game Blog: Fourth Quarter
|12.01.08 at 7:24 pm ET|
GAME WRAP: The Boston Celtics defeated the Orlando Magic 107-88 on Monday night at the TD BankNorth Garden. The Celtics extended their winning streak to nine games behind 24 points from Paul Pierce and 21 from Ray Allen. Rashard Lewis led all scorers with 30 points while Dwight Howard posted a quiet 14 points and 15 rebounds. With this win the Celtics improved to 17-2.
– Somewhere there is a Tar Heels fan laughing at the brick J.J. Redick just shot.
– Are you keeping track? Two more technicals have been issued. One on Kevin Garnett, the other against Dwight Howard.
– The interesting thing about this game is that it’s being like there is a two-point differential, yet the Celtics are up by 14 with three minutes to go.
– Before the game Kendrick Perkins proudly pointed out that he hadn’t been T’ed up in the last few games. He spoke too soon. Perk was called for a technical late in the fourth quarter but a 15+ point lead.
– Lewis is the latest recipient of a technical foul. He kept arguing his point until Turkoglu came over to cool him down.
– The Celtics are moving the ball so well it’s like playing hot potato. Powe to Davis to House in a matter of seconds for an EHouse three.
– Monster dunk from Leon Powe. That’s the kind of stuff I’d expect from Howard.
– Ray Allen and Eddie House are walking all over the young backcourt duo of Courtney Lee and J.J. Redick. Lee said the Magic drafted him for his defense but tonight Allen is giving him a crash course on trying to stop one of the best shooters in the league.
– The Celtics held the Magic to just six points in the paint in the third. Howard’s on the bench, will they take advantage of this and continue to attack their own basket?
– Does anyone want to stop Rashard Lewis? Doesn’t seem that way. Lewis has gotten off nearly 20 shots early in the fourth quarter, more than double KG’s stat line.
It’s not really surprising that the Celtics have pushed the lead up considering how undermanned the Magic are. Entering the fourth quarter Paul Pierce leads all scorers with 22 points. Rashard Lewis follows with 20 points. Rajon Rondo has dished nine assists and Dwight Howard has grabbed 11 rebounds. Now on to the final 12 minutes …
At the start of the fourth … Celtics 77, Magic 65
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...