Rondo Launches Spirit of Giving Food Drive
|12.02.08 at 8:29 am ET|
On Tuesday Rajon Rondo is spearheading the 9th annual Spirit of Giving Food Drive to benefit eight New England food banks. The program will run at over 199 Shaw’s and Star Market Supermarkets and is expected to provide 200,000 meals for New England families this winter. Rondo will launch the drive at Shaw’s Supermarket in Mansfield, MA. The Spirit of Giving Food Drive was created by Infinite Ideas, Inc., a Boston agency that develops social marketing programs.
In other community events, the Boston Celtics Women’s Group collected and donated more than 200 coats, winter clothing, and $3,000 as part of their Cradles to Crayons holiday coat drive. The coats were donated by fans during the November 26 home game against the Golden State Warriors. The Women’s Group also received donations from Modell’s Sporting Goods, adidas, Reebok, and Arbella.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?