Celtics-Pacers Game Blog: Fourth Quarter
|12.03.08 at 7:27 pm ET|
Entering the fourth quarter … Celtics 88, Pacers 73
- Rivers is leaving Pierce on the court with the second unit. The Celtics captain got hot toward the end of the third quarter but his real accomplishment tonight has been containing Danny Granger. The Pacers are going with all but one starter (Nesterovic) in hopes of staging a comeback. They did outscore the Lakers 32-16 in the fourth quarter last night.
- In between the time I typed this and hit save, Granger drained a pair of threes to put the Pacers within nine.
- A new character was dubbed in the Garden tonight. “Mr. Roboto” joins the ranks of Soulja Boy Jr. and the Jack Black Guy for his quirky robotic dance moves.
- Rondo’s back in the backcourt with Eddie House. Usually this would be a size disadvantage but the Pacers have TJ Ford and Jarrett Jack in. Maybe Rondo will get the standing O he deserves when he sits down this time.
- It has been 181 games since a Celtic recorded a triple-double. The last player to do so was Ryan Gomes. (He was selected 50th in the same draft as Granger.)
- The Pacers unloaded their bench with five minutes to go. Travis Diener and Stephen Graham (former Oklahoma State teammate of Tony Allen) have checked into the game. They were greeted by yet another dunk by KG.
- Gino Time. Celtics are up 16 and Patrick O’Bryant’s in the game. Garnett is standing alone to watch Gino but he has the rest of the Garden cheering with him.
- There’s the standing O Rondo deserves. He left the game with 16 points, 17 assists, and 13 rebounds. Someone in fantasy basketball land just had a monster night.