- Green Street - http://greenstreet.weei.com -
Celtics-Pacers Game Blog: Second Quarter
Posted By Jessica Camerato On December 3, 2008 @ 6:11 pm In General | No Comments
SECOND QUARTER WRAP: The Celtics  have a 57-51 lead heading into the second half. Both teams are firing away, combining for 89 field goal and 23 three-point attempts. Rajon Rondo  is the story of the first half (10 points, 8 rebounds, 9 assists) while Ray Allen  leads all scorers with 19 points. Danny Granger  got off to a hot start for the Pacers but scored just 5 points in the second quarter to finish the half with 14. More from Paul after the break …
Here’s what we know from the first quarter: Ray Allen is in the zone. He has 13 first quarter points, including a pair of treys. Danny Granger wants to shoot as well and had nine points early on. The Pacers don’t look worn out from last night’s overtime win over the LA Lakers. They landed at 1am and are playing like they’re well rested. This Pacers aren’t going to hand this game to the Celtics. Let’s see how they work for it in the second quarter.
- During a timeout Celtics super fan Marty Joyce drew a line on the court, showing the ref he knew he couldn’t cross it. Wonder how long he’s jumping out of his seat to argue a call.
- Rasho Nesterovic looks like he has half an inch on Leon Powe . The big man still isn’t doing much on the defensive end, though, and Rajon Rondo has snuck by him under the basket about five times.
- Brandon Rush looks vaguely like Gerald Green . I’m waiting for Doc to pull him aside during a timeout and try to straighten him out. (Speaking of Green, Rivers said he was still happy to land him in the 2005 Draft instead of Danny Granger. Hmm…)
- KG is full court pressing TJ Ford. Yes, we’re only in the second quarter.
- Rajon Rondo watch: With three minutes to go he already has 10 points, 7 rebounds, 9 assists. To quote a message from my mother, “That’s why he’s an All Star.” It’s not too far fetched this season …
- Sam Cassell put his arm around Rondo and had a brief heart to heart at the end of the quarter. Rondo is just one assist and a pair of rebounds away from a triple-double.
Article printed from Green Street: http://greenstreet.weei.com
URL to article: http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2008/12/03/celtics-pacers-game-blog-second-quarter/
URLs in this post:
 Celtics: http://media.weei.com/basketball/boston-celtics.htm
 Rajon Rondo: http://media.weei.com/basketball/rajon-rondo.htm
 Ray Allen: http://media.weei.com/basketball/ray-allen-celtics.htm
 Danny Granger: http://media.weei.com/basketball/danny-granger.htm
 Leon Powe: http://media.weei.com/basketball/leon-powe.htm
 Gerald Green: http://media.weei.com/basketball/gerald-green.htm
 > Celtics-Pacers Game Blog: Second Quarter" data-url="http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2008/12/03/celtics-pacers-game-blog-second-quarter/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2014 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.