Celtics-Trail Blazers Game Day Blog: Second Quarter
|12.05.08 at 6:40 pm ET|
At the half … Celtics 49, Trail Blazers 36
FIRST HALF WRAP: The Trail Blazers have been hot but their youth and inexperience is falling short against the Celtics. After holding their own in the first quarter, the Trail Blazers find themselves down by at the end of the half. Ray Allen leads all scorers with 11 points in a well-balanced game. He is the only player in double-digits. The Celtics have outrebounded the Trail Blazers 23-15 and got to the line 11 more times.
– Leon Powe kicked off the second quarter with a drive and drew a quick foul. With Greg Oden on the bench, the Celtics can capitalize on the extra space in the paint. Pierce is playing with the second unit again, which tonight includes Brian Scalabrine.
– The Spanish duo of Rudy Fernandez and Sergio Rodriguez are playing together. Fernandez has been hyped for so long and I’m very interested in seeing what he can do in the NBA. After all, not every player is greeted by a swarm of fans when they touch down in Portland.
– Notable substitutions: Brandon Roy stretched in between quarters and has returned to the game. Gabe Pruitt is also seeing significant minutes in a close game. Pruitt and Eddie House in the backcourt help the Celtics match the Trail Blazers speed.
– With the lead up to eight, Tony Allen (dressed in street clothes) was on his feet cheering and holding his hand to his ear to encourage the crowd.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?