Celtics-Trail Blazers Game Day Blog: Fourth Quarter
|12.05.08 at 8:07 pm ET|
This final quarter should be a showcase of the reserves. Entering the final 12 up by 25, there’s no use for Doc Rivers to exhaust the starters. Ray Allen is still on the court for a least a few more minutes with Scal, Leon Powe, Eddie House, and Glen Davis. LaMarcus Aldridge, Joel Przybilla, Travis Outlaw, Sergio Rodriguez, and Rudy Fernandez are playing for the Trail Blazers.
- With seven minutes to go in the game, it’s important to point out that Greg Oden has 4 points and has not scored since a slam dunk at 5:42 in the first quarter.
- So much for rest. The Trail Blazers cut the lead to 13 and all of the Celtics starters are going back in. KG called them into a huddle during a timeout and Tony Allen pulled Ray aside for a moment. There’s a video set to “In the Air Tonight,” Garnett’s favorite song, and he’s bouncing to the music while Perk and Ray look up at the Jumbotron.
- Vegas Summer League MVP Jerryd Bayless is on the court for the Trail Blazers. The rookie may not see a lot of minutes this season but his summer performance is definitely worth taking a look at.
- Oden fouled out. The crowd is on his feet taunting him like he did something wrong to the Celtics. Let’s just remember that Oden was a piece of their championship run.
- In lieu of Scalabrine a Donnie Wahlberg chant has randomly been started. Welcome back.
- Crowd’s clearing out with 1:30 left.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Rondo Is Perfect Fit for Stevens' Offense
- Should Boston Celtics Strike Now on a Jeff Green Trade?
- C's 'Rising Stars' Legit Building Blocks?
- Will Rondo's Resurgence Force C's to Consider Trade?
- The Deadline Deal Celtics Must Make
- Latest Celtics Trade Rumors, Updates
- Teams That Should Be Asking About Humphries