Celtics Top Eastern Conference Attendance
|12.10.08 at 6:48 am ET|
No wonder why it’s so hard to get Celtics tickets these days. The Cs have the highest total attendance in the Eastern Conference through December 8, according to data on SportsBusiness Daily. For the second consecutive season, the Celtics are averaging a sold out crowd of 18,624. This ranks them first in total attendance after 13 home games and sixth in average attendance, due to the capacity of the TD BankNorth Garden.
The Detroit Pistons have the highest average attendance (22,076) and the Indiana Pacers have seen the most growth since last season (+15.7%). The Atlanta Hawks, who packed the house against the Celtics in the playoffs, are up nearly 11% in average attendance, while the Miami Heat are down 16%. Even though the Philadelphia 76ers (+12.0%) are one of the fastest growing draws, they are filling less than 70% of their total capacity. On average, the Eastern Conference is averaging the same attendance as last season (+0.9%).
- Courtney Lee frustrated with playing time
- Breaking Down Jordan Crawford's Reunion with the Washington Wizards & the...
- Celtics Live And Die With The Jump Shot Of... Avery Bradley?!
- Celtics blow another lead, fall to Wizards 99 - 106
- Randy Wittman, Brad Stevens Open Up About Jordan Crawford's Development
- Celtics home stand continues with a visit from the Wizards
- Brad Stevens' read-and-react offense