|Celtics Top Eastern Conference Attendance||12.10.08 at 6:48 am ET|
No wonder why it’s so hard to get Celtics tickets these days. The Cs have the highest total attendance in the Eastern Conference through December 8, according to data on SportsBusiness Daily. For the second consecutive season, the Celtics are averaging a sold out crowd of 18,624. This ranks them first in total attendance after 13 home games and sixth in average attendance, due to the capacity of the TD BankNorth Garden.
The Detroit Pistons have the highest average attendance (22,076) and the Indiana Pacers have seen the most growth since last season (+15.7%). The Atlanta Hawks, who packed the house against the Celtics in the playoffs, are up nearly 11% in average attendance, while the Miami Heat are down 16%. Even though the Philadelphia 76ers (+12.0%) are one of the fastest growing draws, they are filling less than 70% of their total capacity. On average, the Eastern Conference is averaging the same attendance as last season (+0.9%).
- Greg Oden working out, "looking right"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/19
- Hypothetical trade idea (conversation between Danny Ainge and Kevin...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - news, rumors, and opinion
- Should Chris Wilcox Get Another Stint With The Celtics?
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/18
- Kevin Garnett will not have surgery on his ankle/foot