Celtics Top Eastern Conference Attendance
|12.10.08 at 6:48 am ET|
No wonder why it’s so hard to get Celtics tickets these days. The Cs have the highest total attendance in the Eastern Conference through December 8, according to data on SportsBusiness Daily. For the second consecutive season, the Celtics are averaging a sold out crowd of 18,624. This ranks them first in total attendance after 13 home games and sixth in average attendance, due to the capacity of the TD BankNorth Garden.
The Detroit Pistons have the highest average attendance (22,076) and the Indiana Pacers have seen the most growth since last season (+15.7%). The Atlanta Hawks, who packed the house against the Celtics in the playoffs, are up nearly 11% in average attendance, while the Miami Heat are down 16%. Even though the Philadelphia 76ers (+12.0%) are one of the fastest growing draws, they are filling less than 70% of their total capacity. On average, the Eastern Conference is averaging the same attendance as last season (+0.9%).
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...