Stevenson: KG is ‘Kind of Off’
|12.11.08 at 7:15 am ET|
“Sometimes he’s talking to himself, other times he’s talking to other people, but he’s always talking,” Stevenson told the Washington Post. “Just talking. And that gets me going because I like talking too. It’s kind of scary the way he does it. He cusses at himself … If ya’ll could be on the court, you’d see what he says. He’s kind of off.”
Stevenson is prepared for Garnett’s intensity when the Wizards talk on the Celtics tonight in Washington. Last season the Wizards were one of the few teams who had the Celtics number and won the regular season series 3-1, including shocking back-to-back victories. In a case of role reversal, Stevenson says it’s the Wiz, not the defending world champions, who are the targets.
“We were talking a lot of smack, too, especially me (last season). So I know they’re going to be coming in here ready,” he said. “I know I’ve got a big target on my chest. Every time we played them it was a real talkative game and a real hard game, so they’re going to come in feeling that they owe us something.”
The league-leading Celtics (20-2) enter Thursday’s match up on a 12-game winning streak. The Wizards are 4-15 without Gilbert Arenas and have the worst record in the Eastern Conference. As for Garnett, he has a career average of 21.2 points and 11.1 per game against the Wizards.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason