Celtics-Hornets Game Blog: Fourth Quarter
|12.12.08 at 8:04 pm ET|
Lucky the Leprachaun landed a “dipsy-do” dunk to kick off the fourth quarter. Celtics are up by five and would enjoy a few “dipsy-dos” themselves to boost their lead …
– Let’s recap at a nine-minute timeout and take a look at free-throw shooting: Celtics 14-23, Hornets 17-24. That’s a total of 16 missed points in a 10-point game. Safe to say both teams will be hitting the line in practice.
– Posey’s doing what Posey does best — being a pest. In a matter of minutes he drew an offensive foul on Tony Allen, bounced the ball off TA’s foot to maintain posession, and drew a foul on Pierce from behind the arc for three free throws.
– At a 2:30 timeout this game is far from over. Chris Paul (19 points, 14 assists) has put the Hornets right back into this. Paul has held Rondo to just two assists and is showing why he’s an MVP candidate at just 23 years old.
– The Celtics bench are on their feet after an alley oop from Ray Allen to KG followed by Perk drawing an offensive foul on Paul. TA is waving is towel and dancing.
– Game over. Celtics 94, Hornets 82.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...