For a first quarter recap, check out Paul’s blog .
– Interesting match up to start the second quarter. Tony Allen  is guarding James Posey , the very player who ate up his minutes last season. Now TA is the Celtics  first option at the wing off the bench, and tonight will be a test to see how far he has come since last season.
– Trivia tidbit … Leon Powe  and Sean Marks are both alumni of the University of the California. Marks, who has spent a quiet 10 years in the league, is only the second New Zealand native  to play in the NBA. Kirk Penney played a total of six games for the Miami Heat  and Los Angeles Clippers  a few years back.
– The look on Devin Brown’s face was classic when Rajon Rondo  blew past the Hornets defenders on a drive to the hoop. After the lay-in Brown stood in the paint in confusion, as if looking at his teammates for an explanation of how that just happened.
– This summer Posey proved basketball is a business and tonight Pierce followed in his footsteps. Pierce drained a three in the face of his former teammate. He hit another one over three-point king Peja Stojakovic, which was cause for a high-five between Eddie House  and Sam Cassell.
– Give the Hornets more credit than a 12-win team. They have a one-point lead at halftime and have the Celtics looking scrambled in the first 24 minutes. The Celtics simply aren’t going inside, instead settling for 4-for-11 shooting from three-point range. To that note, Pierce has just one basket in the paint. Too many passes away from the basket have the Celtics forcing low-percentage shots and struggling to grasp a consistent lead.
At the half … Hornets 40, Celtics 39
Back to Paul for the third  …