Kobe Gets Low
|12.12.08 at 12:30 pm ET|
Kobe Bryant would rather wear short shoes than short shorts. After going showing off some leg against the Boston Celtics last year, Kobe Bryant is getting low in time for the Los Angeles Lakers first match up against the Boston Celtics this season. This week Nike unveiled the new Zoom Kobe IV Cut, a low top basketball shoe. The sneaker, inspired by soccer cleats, will be 20% lighter than the average basketball shoe. It is designed to enable sharper cuts while returning energy to the foot. Bryant will debut the shoe this month and they will hit the shelves in the United States in February 2009.
In other Western Conference news … Former Celtics training camp invitee Darius Miles has been working out with the Los Angeles Clippers. According to the LA Times, the Clips will wait until after January to make a decision … In addition to Sasha Vujacic‘s refusal to wear green during the holiday season, the Lakers are using the Celtics as a measuring stick for their success. “We’ll beat the good teams,” Bryant told the LA Daily News. “It’s Boston that’s our barometer. That’s the team that beat us. They’re the standard. They’re the benchmark. That’s the team that beat us, so that’s how it’s going to be.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason