|Celtics Battle Traffic, Then Jazz||12.15.08 at 5:30 pm ET|
The Boston Celtics had to battle a different kind of opponent before their game against the Utah Jazz: Traffic. A mid-afternoon accident caused major delays on 93 North in Boston, a popular route to the TD BankNorth Garden. Twenty minute rides turned into hour-long endeavors as many of the players sat in gridlock traffic. Kendrick Perkins, Leon Powe, and Brian Scalabrine showed up after 6pm and hurried to get in their pregame shots. Rajon Rondo arrived around 6:45.
This is a game where Rondo would probably appreciate extra practice time. Even though Deron Williams is recovering from an ankle injury, he still poses a oversized challenge for the Celtics point guard. Rondo will look to use his speed and length to outplay Williams, who is second in the league in assists. Williams couldn’t quantify just how fast Rondo is but noted that rookies Russell Westbrook and Mario Chalmers are already showing the most similarities to Rondo’s game.
- Terrence Williams tweets - thanks people for support
- Terrence Williams future with Boston Celtics in doubt
- Terrence Williams bail set at $25,000
- Terrence Williams arrested on gun charges
- Level setting expectations for the 16th pick in the NBA Draft - Boston...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/20
- NBA Draft Combine observations